Today's goal: is to build a resource manager.
In today's lab we will create a singleton and run the resource manager. You will also learn about sprite animation.
- Slides for our half half lecture
- Find your partner in the spreadsheet here.
- Complete the section below: "Resource Manager"
Files Given/Starter Code
- Clicking the following link gives you immediate access to your github repository.
- You may use your personal or Northeastern github account. I do not care, but please be consistent with what you choose.
- Please do not click until class starts. Occasionally I make changes until a few minutes before class (usually spelling corrections and other small typos).
- Click now: Github Repository
1. Resource Manager
Complete: A singleton for a resource manager. Discuss with your partner the implementation details.
Finished Early? Did you enjoy this lab assignment? Here are some (optional) ways to further this assignment.
- Try using smart pointers. I recommend the shared_ptr. This will make sure your resources are automatically cleaned up when there are no references
- How would this resource manager be utilized in a 'multiple' level scenario? When would you allocate/deallocate resources?
- You and your partner will receive the same grade from a scale of 0-2. (Individual labs you get your own grade)
- At the start of the next lab I will circulate to check off your lab. You or your partner should be ready to show it.
- 0 for no work completed.
- 1 for some work completed, but something is not working properly or missing
- 2 for a completed assignment (with possible 'going further' options completed)
Some additional resources to help you through this lab assignment
Found a bug?
If you found a mistake (big or small, including spelling mistakes) in this lab, kindly send me an e-mail. It is not seen as nitpicky, but appreciated! (Or rather, future generations of students will appreciate it!)
- Fun fact: The famous computer scientist Donald Knuth would pay folks one $2.56 for errors in his published works. [source]
- Unfortunately, there is no monetary reward in this course :)